UST-Legazpi Junior High School is ISO 9001:2015 Certified. It offers three curricular programs namely: SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL curriculum, PAASCU Level II Re-Accredited, SPECIAL PROGRAM IN THE ARTS curriculum, PAASCU Level I Accredited, and GENERAL curriculum.
The Junior High School of the University of Santo Tomas-Legazpi is committed to provide, primarily the Bicolanos, opportunities for an innovatively comprehensive basic level of education and access to quality preparatory training responsive to the fast-growing needs and demands of higher education. It envisions to further enhance and optimize the students‘ talents and capabilities interwoven with the discipline of the arts and respect for science and technology for them to effect social change and moral transformation.
We, the University of Santo Tomas – Legazpi Junior High School, envision ourselves to be a premier Catholic Dominican Junior High School that provides excellent academic services through advanced, innovative and competitive curricular programs in a deregulated university by 2025.
Thus, we work in making the Junior High School department:
• Number one in science and arts by delivering updated, experiential, alternative and relevant instruction to obtain local and international awards or recognitions;
• Known for producing completers who are responsible and capable of meeting the challenges of Senior High School and beyond.
Inspired by the Dominican charism, we, in the Junior High School commit ourselves to produce completers imbued with dedication to the highest ethical standard and academic excellence as a leading secondary science and arts school in the region.
PAASCU Level II Re-Accredited Program
The Science High School (SciHS), formerly known as the Science Oriented High School, has been unwavering in improving its services to the Bicolanos through the provision of quality education. The curriculum aims to produce completers who are science, technology, work, and values-oriented citizens; capable of meeting the challenges of the Senior High School and beyond; and are imbued with values through Filipino cultural heritage.
Apart from the enriched Science and Mathematics subjects, the curriculum is even more strengthened by the integration of AutoCAD, Robotics and Coding Education, and the use of ARALinks.
The General Curriculum (GC) is envisioned to complement the existing programs – Science High School and Special Program in the Arts – to cater to the growing needs of learners who are immersed in activities that uphold the intense quest for knowledge and honing of life-long skills.
PAASCU Level I Accredited Program
The Special Program in the Arts (SPA) is designed to produce graduates who are imbued with Filipino values through cultivating their sense of pride in and love of the local and national heritage through the discipline of the arts. The curriculum takes pride in its annual recital entitled Bahandi, and the international exposure in Yilan International Children’s Folklore and Folkgame Festival in Yilan County, Taiwan.
The students get the chance to perform and participate in:
• PASINAYA, the largest multi-arts festival in the country organized by the Cultural Center of the Philippines
• National Music Competitions for Young Artists (NAMCYA), the country’s premiere competition for young and talented musicians
• Voices in Harmony: The Annual Awit-Tagisan ng Batang Pilipino, the most sought-after high school chorale competition
• Class Immersion Program at the Philippine High School for the Arts (PHSA), Los Baños, Laguna.
for Grades 8-10
• Top student in every grade level for SciHS and SPA
Tuition fees only for 1 school year
• Education Service Contracting (ESC) Grant – An expanded government assistance for students who enroll in a Private School
• Robotics/Coding Education Laboratory
• 2 Computer Laboratories (1 computer unit: 1 student)
• Science Laboratories (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics)
• Research Laboratory
• Speech Laboratory
• Technology and Livelihood Education Laboratory
• Arts Studio (Music Room, Rondalla Room, Dance Studio, Visual Arts Studio, and Theater Room)
• High School Library
• Audio-Visual Room (AVR)
• Investigatory Project
• Experimental Research
• Social Research
• Arts Research for SPA
Facebok, Instagram, Twitter: @ustlegazpi
Vita Veritatis et Amoris ex Gratitudine
A Life of Truth and Love out of Gratitude